Replacing electrical outlets in Minneapolis?
Many homeowners are under the impression that replacing electrical outlets in Minneapolis is a simple task which can be performed themselves or by a handyman. The common phone call our dispatchers receive usually goes like this: “My husband was replacing some outlets in the kitchen this weekend and we heard a popping sound and now nothing works…”
Here are some important questions to consider:
- Are you confident that the circuit is de-energized?
- Is the wiring in good condition?
- Is the circuit properly protected at the electrical panel?
- Is the wiring system properly grounded?
- Is the outlet to be replaced controlled by a switch?
- Is the replacement outlet tamper resistant?
- Is GFCI or AFCI protection required?
If you cannot confidently answer any of these questions, it is time to get a licensed professional involved. Give us a call at 612-587-2777 to get your outlets replaced properly.